06 August 2012

Sneak peek...

Here are pages from one of my long gestating book projects, a collaboration with psychologist and author Patricia Pasick. In 2008, she founded the organization Stories for Hope Rwanda, an intergenerational project that uncovers and preserves stories of the 1994 Genocide through conversations between youths and their elders. This book was initially conceived as an anthology, but ultimately morphed into one specific story of a surviver's search for his missing sister.






It's an incredible story, and I'm honored and deeply grateful for the trust that Patricia's placed in me to bring it to life as a comic. Conceived as a 2-color, 128 page book, we're putting on the proposal's finishing touches now so if by chance you're a publisher interested in reading the words that go in those balloons and learning more, please contact the book's rep, Bob Mecoy.


And in peripheral comics news, I'm psyched to announce that I'll be part of the Alt. Comics: Asian American Artists Reinvent the Comic Book exhibit opening next month at Manhattan's Museum of Chinese in America! Opening night is Thursday, September 27th, for those who like to plan ahead.


Last but not least, that fun live radio interview on Design*Sponge's AFTER THE JUMP mentioned a couple posts ago is now archived at Heritage Radio Network. If you're interested in the process behind VIETNAMERICA, give it a listen; I swear I default to talking about my baby only in the last 30 seconds.

No comments: